Geo-Environmental Engineer - South East
About the Company
Ambisense is a technology company operating in the geo-environmental sector on infrastructure and brownfield projects throughout the UK. We specialise in the installation of high quality geotechnical and environmental instrumentation for monitoring civil engineering and infrastructure works, outdoor & indoor air quality, gases & water quality. We are experts in a variety of data acquisition systems and build machine learning models utilizing field deployable sensor technologies and contextual data sources to simplify, automate and improve the delivery of geotechnical & environmental risk assessment. Through real-time sensor platforms, we generate unique insights into a multitude of industrial and environmental processes and deliver data through our in-house, web-based analytics software, Ambilytics.
About the Role
Ambisense UK is currently looking for a full-time Geo-Environmental Engineer to assist with our growing workload in the Infrastructure & Air Quality sector. Your role, as Geo-Environmental Engineer, would be reporting to the Operations Manager. As a core member of the UK team, you will be expected to work within this team, sometimes autonomously and deliver on works (mostly field-based but also lab-based) as scheduled. You will work closely with the UK Operations team to deploy and maintain hardware in the field. As a key member of the team, the ideal candidate will be comfortable delivering under pressure.
Who Should Apply
We seek an experienced Geo-Environmental Engineer with a background in Geotechnical & Environmental Instrumentation. The ideal candidate should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where adaptability and flexibility is key to success. As a key member of the team, the ideal candidate will be comfortable working outdoors & delivering under pressure.
- Maintaining and supporting Ambisense’s product portfolio in the field
- Field installation of new products
- Training & supporting subcontractors on test/calibration/handling/installation of new & existing products
- Completion of project documentation
- Liaising with clients and customer care
- Travel – regular travel within the UK required
- Site Work – regular visits to site to maintain Ambisense products and assist sub-contractors
- Project management
Your Qualifications & Experience
- Suitable qualification/experience in Electronic Engineering or Geo-Environmental/Geotechnical related discipline
- Valid CSCS card (preferable but not essential)
- Experience with Geotechnical/Environmental Instrumentation
- Must be competent in dealing directly with clients and sub-contractors in the field
- Ability to problem solve in the field and communicate site feedback into continuous improvement/development cycle
- Full UK Driving licence
- IT literacy (MS packages)
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Right to work in UK
The type of person we’re looking for
We are looking for someone who has
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong communication skills both with colleagues and clients
- Team Player
- Proactive & self-starter
The successful applicant will be based from our Southern office (Rainham, Essex) in the South East.
Ambisense provides a competitive remuneration package tailored to your skills and experience. Full training will also be provided where required.
This role includes the provision of a mobile phone & laptop (business use) and contributory pension. Company vehicles will be provided where necessary for field work/travel. Company vehicles will be provided where necessary for field-work/travel.
Ambisense is an equal opportunities employer. No applicant will be treated less favourably on the grounds of sex, marital or parental status, race, ethnic or national origin, colour, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
If you feel that your skills, experience and personality would fit well with the Ambisense team, send us your CV in the strictest confidence to email@example.com or to Recruitment, Ambisense UK, Thornton Science Park, Pool Lane, Ince, CH2 4NU.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies